Sunday 30 June 2013

My Attempt at a Padme Costume


Queen Padme Amidala was crazy about of costumes in all three star wars movies. But I will try an attempt (I think the easiest one) is the when Padme, Anakin and Obi Wan are in Geonosis fighting for their lives. She looks a little like this:
The costume consists of a white pants with a white long sleeve shirt. I trolled the internet for something similar. As I cannot sew (I'm trying to learn). Once I've got that its her utility belt and gun. I found them online but the gun was not the correct colour. So I went to Bunning to purchase silver and black spray paint. I also need to learn how to spray paint because the gun turned out like this:
Gun Belt
Where the paint is rubbering out and getting on everything. Which was a bummer :(

The next part was the cape. This part was a lot easier that I thought. It was just to purchase a waffle blanket from Spotlight and cut to size and sew it so it that helms do not fray.

The hair is another thing. Queen Amidala hair do can be a little bit crazy. But this one was a little more easy. Because it is just wrapped around tubing. This proved to be more difficult than first through. Firstly, because I have quite short hair I need hair extensions so to place in bun (then realized that I do not now hair ties or hair pins). Then purchased some bendy hair rollers and pieces of hair extensions to attach to the rollers. With help from this webpage. Gluing them together was the hardest (I'm very impatient) as I can't wait for thing to dry and all the hair got suck. So I gave up. Because the roller were yellow, I just decided that to spray paint the rollers black. Waited for that to dry and then knotted it like this: 
And then pinned it to my bun.

Finally, the boots. They where definly the easiest. I found them online at a cosplay website but they were the wrong colour. I purchased these boots but requested that the colour to change. And guess what happened? There were still the wrong colour!!!!! But they were still awesome.


I'm starting to fix different things before the next convention (gun, hair and anybe the shirt and pants). My next costume will be a yellow power ranger for my birthday (minus the boots and helmet).